No invoice means no income, no revenue. You work hard for your money but a simple invoice is essential to prosperity. While it might seem daunting, it is actually fairly easy. Provided you have the right tools, that is. There are a number of options if you want a free invoice template for tradesman.
A few years ago, if you needed an invoice template, MS Excel was the only program that offered the option. While a business may still use Excel to draw their invoices, they are currently spoiled for choice. There are now many new applications that offer a host of invoicing and related solutions.
What to look for in an Invoice template?
• Ensure that the platform is user-friendly and that it does the important calculations automatically. This will avoid errors or miscalculations
• The application should work over a long period of time. You want something that will grow with you as the business expands. It is tedious and time-consuming to change programs later
• Choose a template that will accommodate all your business needs. If you extend your product/service range or diversify it should be able to accommodate these changes
• An ideal application should be one that will remove stock from your inventory as you invoice your products. This will eliminate having to do this manually. Choose an app that will take your invoicing to the end of the accounting process. This will save you time and increase accuracy.
• A personalized invoice with your logo and details looks more professional
Invoicing solutions for tradesmen
As stated before, there are many solutions for invoicing. Here are a few of the more common ones:
• Wave – A cloud-based free application that allows you to not only invoice out but also sends out automatic payment reminders to get your clients to pay on time
• Xero – This meets most business needs as it is user-friendly and highly customizable. Being cloud-based and mobile-friendly means that you can invoice anywhere and at any time
• FreshBooks – This solution has proven to be a very popular invoicing tool. It is a powerful accounting platform, is mobile and offers reporting features as well
• Zoho – Not only offers Cloud-based invoicing but also helps manage receivables
Your payment method may also offer an invoicing solution. PayPal, for example, offers an invoicing feature that you can customize for your business.
A final word
The solution you choose should be easy and efficient. Mobile cloud-based systems are convenient, safe and generally easy to use. Take advantage of invoicing templates to make your company look more professional and free you up to get on with business.